Monday, January 24, 2011

How to price a new item: Part II (my hunch was right)

A huge part of the draw of this game is that the highs are high and the lows are low.  When you follow what your avatar is doing enough you become somewhat emotionally attached to its successes and failures.

In my last post I was disappointed that I had been unable to purchase the newly discovered Rudolf Dragon Plate blueprint.
Last night I finished my errands on Calypso and purchased a bunch of crafting supplies that I brought back to Rocktropia with me.  I started clicking armor blueprints hoping that I would be able to get a Rudolf Plate print for myself.
I was successful ;) and now I am pretty excited. I got not only two rudolf plate prints for myself but discovered a couple of new dragon plate prints as well.  My hunch paid off and I was able to loot what I wanted much cheaper than I had originally offered to purchase the one print for.

The next problem lays with my relative inexperience with crafting. I am/was only a lvl 5 armor crafter. The minimum skill recommended for the new dragon plate blueprints is level 5, but for best chance of success its recommended to have about 5 levels above recommended.  So this morning I made my first big (for me) skill purchase and bought 500ped (counting mu) of engineering skills. I have used a couple of skill chips before, but just small ones from friends leaving the game, nothing I have spent so much on.  This brought me up to almost lvl 9 armor manufacture which I decided was good enough for what I needed.

For an interesting side story on what a healthy diet of low-fat  high-skill chips can do for your avatar, check out this thread.

I only had time to click some of the Pop Dragon Plates this morning before work, but had what I considered to be good success with them.
You may check out my Discovery  and Price check threads if your interested.

I have some more new prints to try out next time I log in, hopefully they are as successful as the Pop one was :)

narfi

No comments:

Post a Comment