Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Fickle Deity (where is Lootius?)

The Good:
I returned to Rocktropia, and got lots of first time blueprint discoveries.
I crafted the new blueprint and got lots of first time dragon armor plate discoveries.
I got a 707ped HOF (hall of fame) crafting some of the dragon plates.

The Bad:
The day after all the excitement I started hunting again to get more dragon parts that I needed.
Morrison Dragons,
Lunch run = about 250ped loss
Evening run before bed = about 500ped loss
Both runs were so bad I didn't even try to calculate in armor/fap decay.

I got enough Doors Hides to do another small run on Morrison Dragon plates and finished off a complete set.
It was also a bad run and sucked up about 200ped more than the tt value of what I put into them.

Lunch break today I started hunting Joplin Dragons since I need more claws to finish the set of Joplin Plates.  I think these may be some of the more valuable ones since they would be good for Crystal Palace hunters, as well as several of the Calypso acid mobs. (Proteron, Leviathan, TI mobs)

When down and glum over bad losses I like to think back and see if there is anything I could have done to prevent it from happening, and in turn do what I can to prevent it in the future.
I knew there was a VU last night, and I know that usually my returns are really bad the several hours before servers go down for a VU. So really I shouldn't have been hunting, and it was my own fault for not following my own rules. I was just excited about being able to hunt a dragon that I hadn't normally been able to hunt before. (Polaris + Lemmy Dragon Plates = 80 cut/stb protection) and I needed more hides to make plates with.

Looking back and then forward, I will try and not hunt/mine/craft right before a VU again. I will also try to keep hunting that requires me to hire a medic to a minimum, its just not economical when you need someone constantly healing you for a couple hours straight. (at least at my level)

No comments:

Post a Comment