Thursday, June 2, 2011

Profit From Others Denial

Rocktropia has been very quiet since the launch of Arkadia. A lot of people from both Calypso and Rocktropia went to see its launch.  Most are still there, but they are starting to return from their 'vacations.'

I have been doing a lot of mining while they are gone and a lot less socializing since there are fewer people to socialize with.

I have noticed a strange thing though, and it got me to thinking.
In the last couple of days I have seen almost as many Universe United, Menace 2 Society, Solders of Fortune,  and BlackAngels as I have regular Rocktropians.(I have also met a couple of people visiting from society names I didn't recognize)

With the exception of Hyped launch periods like Rocktropia 2.0 this is more of these type players than I have ever seen on Rocktropia, and its interesting that its just now when there are fewer players around.

Rocktropia has had a bad rep pretty much since its start, with a lot of vocal people speaking out against it. But now even more than before I realize that its not just me that sees the potential here.  When big names like that are showing up somewhere its because they know they can make money.

What are they doing? Well some are hunting, I have seen their names in global chat killing dragons etc... Some are mining, and some are padding their pockets with my mining resources from PvP.

The fort at Fort Freedom is bugged, so that there is no need for Black Angles to be around to defend it each week.

The funny thing is that earlier this week in a discussion about Arkadia a big name player said that 'No one goes there anymore' in reference to Rocktropia, and yet I am seeing big names like this more than in the past.

I continue to have high hopes for Rocktropia, and believe that we will see a lot of new blueprints within the next few weeks. This will start another flurry of activity, and I am hoping that they release enough/all the bps needed for all of the Rocktropia loots and resources and compleate the economic circle that is needed here. Hopefully then they feel that the time has come to start hardcore advertizing and we can see the planet begin to flourish.

Good Luck everyone, and have fun :)

narfi

No comments:

Post a Comment